Sex Therapy Training Conference
8:30am ~ October 21, 2017 ~ Atlanta, GA
We have CE approval from the following organizations:
- AASECT (7CE's Approved on 9/1/2017)
- GA-AAMFT (7 CE's Approval #139-2017)
- LPCA-GA (7 CE's Approval #7162-17)
- NASW-GA (7 CE's Approval #081517)
Dance Monkey Dance: Treating Sexually Anxious Male Performers
Join us for a wonderful 7-hour training on Male Performance Anxiety. In this training, you will learn....
- Analyze the purpose of anxiety and it's key features.
- Assess the bio-psychosocial factors surrounding premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- Recognize and examine possible cultural factors impacting men and their experiences of "maleness".
- Educate patients on sexual response cycle and sexual functioning as an ever-evolving human experience and impart effective, ethical treatment of PE.
- Identify symptoms and concerns requiring further examination from a medical provider.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan with clear objectives and interdisciplinary referrals (when necessary).
- Discuss effective & ethical treatment of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Early Bird Rate $165 - before 10/15/2017
Late Registration: $185 - after 10/16/17
LUNCH IS INCLUDED
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta NorthWest @Windy Hill
2999 Windy Hill Road, Atlanta, Georgia, 30067
about our presenter: MELISSA A. NOVAK, LCSW, CST
Melissa Novak a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Sex Therapist, in Chicago, IL, specializing in the treatment of sexual dysfunction, personality disorders and anxiety related disorders. She earned her Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Social Work from the University of Missouri-Columbia where she focused her studies on human sexuality and sexual therapy. In 2011, Ms. Novak completed a yearlong fellowship program at the Depression and Anxiety Specialty Clinic, focused on further developing skills within Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other empirically validated approaches. She works with individuals and couples, sex workers, and people in the kinky and poly communities. Using Ms. Novak also serves as an educator and supervisor within the Chicagoland community, as well as within her various organizations. She is an adjunct professor for University of Chicago’s Social Service Administration program. Ms. Novak is a member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR) and a member of PROS-Network Chicago. She has completed Levels I and II of Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
As long as men have had penises, they have worried about them; their size, their shape and
their function. It is estimated that over 100 million men have sought erectile dysfunction
medications and at least 20% of men worry about their ejaculatory control. While medications
can be helpful, for many that is just the beginning of their treatment journey. This dynamic
workshop seeks to bridge the foundational knowledge of the greats, like Masters and Johnson,
with new, innovative techniques to address not only the performance-based anxiety, but also
the anticipatory anxiety that often plagues our clients. Participants will learn a structured,
multifactorial assessment used to develop a comprehensive treatment plan with clear
objectives, effective techniques and interdisciplinary referrals, as needed.
- 08:00am - Check-In
- 08:30am - Into
- Anxiety explained
- PE & ED defined
- 11:15am - 15 min Break
- 11:30am - Reconvene
- Male Sexuality
- 01:00pm Lunch Break
- onsite lunch boxes
- 02:00pm - Reconvene
- Treatment Planning
- Cognitive Interventions
- Behavioral Interventions
- Treatment Planning
- 03:30pm - 15 minute Break
- 03:45pm - Reconvene
- Questions & Answers
- 05:00pm - Evaluations, Certificates, & Dismissal
This workshop will be presented in a high energy, informative lecture style with the OPPORTUNITY for questions and answers throughout & at the end.
***Case examples will be used throughout***
Our policy is that you have until 10/01/2017 to cancel your registration and receive a 90% refund. After 10/01/2017 you may cancel, but you will only receive a 50% refund. There will be no refunds, if you attend the workshop.
For more information please e-mail: Natalie@NatalieElliott.com